Author Topic: Default HELP!  (Read 13166 times)

wrighty90

Default HELP!
« on: Apr 30, 2016, 09:29:14 AM »
Hi guys newbie here, after scouring through the net ive came accross this website...

Basically LOWELL PORTFOLIO started harassing me about 2 years ago now letter after letter call after call for an apparent debt i owe of £817 which they bought off Orange, bare in mind ive never had any type of phone/sim/contract with orange network (always been with Virgin mobile) so i contacted them as you do etc and they claim they have no details of this on their system :S strange! so anyway i though nothing of it then a few months goes by i receive another final demand letter so i sent them a prove it letter....

The prove it letter i sent received a reply and this reply was an apparent 'statement', all it had was my full name and current address dated back in 2012 (bare in mind i only moved to my current address in 2014) and this statement was the sum of aroun £300, which is a big bloody difference from the 800 they are trying to say i owe!

Anyway i signed up to one of those free trials with Experian and its on my account as a 'Default'! but the default date is 24/01/2011

None of this adds up, if it was my debt and defaulted... can they still request me to pay this off?

I know a default stays on your credit file for 6 years but once something is Defaulted, what happens next? sick of this now its like im fighting a losing battle as everybody i contact at lowell claim they have not sent me any letters or demands  >:( >:( >:(

Lisa Thomas

Re: Default HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 12:37:02 PM »
Hi

I don't have too much experience with defaults but can only think that you need to challenge this.  Clearly something is not right.  I wonder if Experian might be able to give you some guidance?

I can't attach a link but if you type in to Google 'how can I dispute a default on my report' it should take you to a useful page on Experian's website.

www.Nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800

Scrooge

Re: Default HELP!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2017, 05:22:08 PM »
If this default regarding you is incorrect, you will need to go through Experian's procedure for having it removed as mentioned above by Lisa.

I had to do this twice a few years ago. It took a while to sort it out, (about 2 months I recall) and was very annoying, but if you start the process it should be removed. However, I do remember them telling me that in order for it to be removed, your creditor who has given them the information wrongly has to instruct them to remove it. IE Experian won't remove it no matter what you show or tell them. They need the information from your creditor confirming the default was an error and should be removed. I remember writing to Santander several times plus phone calls over 2 months to get them to contact Experian. Eventually they did it but I had to keep on their backs!