Author Topic: overcommitted overwhelmed need help pls  (Read 39675 times)

overcommitted overwhelmed need help pls
« on: Mar 14, 2017, 03:55:45 PM »
we been struggling for a while now been taking stuff on credit
and now we realise its a problem,we are just covering everything  with a 500 pound overdraft etc
one of us work and i am trying to find work
got behnd wih he council tax etc,  feel like we failed  but now realise we need to do something but scared of the unknown
as soon as wages go in  they eaten by some of overdraft
our overdraft is with santander £500
credit cards with vanquis my wifes (she is worried they ring her at work)
jacamo, jd williams.premierman  ( they just keep given you credit so you assume you can pay it back !!)
credit cards with capital one  2 cards
studio catalogue
total debts around £4750 approx
we not behind yet  with payments but will be this month and i can see it just getting worse
suffer from health problems and cant take stress
but here we are probably going to get  frowned on etc if you can give advice on how to deal with  this situation and your experiences feel very lonely  thankyou for your time .

Re: overcommitted overwhelmed need help pls
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2017, 06:08:04 PM »
Please dont stress there are millions in the same position and its mainly due to the banks over lending. Please call this number and ask for wendy 07940069254 she will be able to help you there is loads of help out there for you, but by what your saying the best option for you would be an Iva that wipes of upto 70% of those debts, once signed up to an Iva it is illegal for any of your creditors to contact you, you could be stress free before the weekend is over.  Look up Iva and see if its a route you would like to go down

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2017, 06:10:09 PM »
The best news is once you have went into your iva you can cancel all your direct debits to your creditors which leaves you with actual hard cash in yur pocket at the end of the month instead of living of overdrafts and credit cards. 

Lisa Thomas

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2017, 02:40:14 PM »
Given the relatively low amount of debt you have I don't think an IVA would be suitable.  Consider instead a debt management plan or a debt relief order.  If your debts increase to over £5,000 Bankruptcy might also be a viable option. 01752 786800

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »

I have been having issues with debts for many years now and after a long time of struggling with this I have finally said enough is enough.

I used a new company called Debt Mate. I found them on Facebook, I filled in a simple form and I received a call within 24 hours.

They are very professional, polite and really empathized with my situation. I have provided them with as much information as I could and found I fit the eligibility of their scheme.

I told them I have £4587 debt and I just fell short of the criteria but the person I spoke too took me through a list of possible debts so I was then able to make up the difference. I was transferred through to their colleague who discussed the scheme in further detail, assured me that this will help me have less stress.

Now I am on the scheme I find my life has changed for the better and me and my money is on the mend.

I recommend them.