Author Topic: student loans  (Read 3428 times)

oneam

student loans
« on: Dec 07, 2016, 02:56:11 AM »
Hello, I’ll try to not make this first post too long without leaving out any facts that may help people respond.

So much information out there it’s about time I got some proper advice rather than conjecture.

Is erudios new ‘loan has matured, full payment is now required’ letter simply their current harassment letter doing the rounds and can this letter can be ignored?

Is erudio just a dca? If so what power do they actually have?

As much as I like ignoring them there has to be a better way. How do I legally make them stop the harassment and ever increasing interest charges?

I’ve been told there are a few things going on in the background regarding arrows and some of these matured SLC loans, anybody know what this means?

The loans are from 1996-2000 and I’ve never earned above the threshold.

My original loan total was approx. £6300, with added interest from SLC and their DCAs (credit solutions, buchanan, clark & wells) the total now is approx. £8300. This however, continues to change, as does the interest rate on every correspondence.

Including in August 2014 erudio reduced my balance, apparently due to errors relating to the CCA 1974. If they can change the figures this easily then are they just making the amount up, what do I actually owe?

I’ve moved around a lot and only have letters going back to 2010, nothing before and no original SLC contracts. Will SLC and DCAs have my correspondence history, will this be part of an SAR?