Author Topic: Company called Bad Debtor  (Read 8788 times)

spruce

Company called Bad Debtor
« on: Jul 29, 2016, 01:50:25 PM »
Hi all

Has anyone heard of a London company called Bad Debtor? I filed for bankruptcy on 18th and today received a letter from them to say they are about to publish my details on places such as facebook, local newspapers etc....but I can stop this if I pay them £50... I know my details are going to be published in some places but doesn't this amount to blackmail?

Lisa Thomas

Re: Company called Bad Debtor
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2016, 04:42:06 PM »
Hi

I have never heard of this before and it does sound like Blackmail.

Either way I would not pay them anything.

Is there a Ltd Co name or number in the small print anywhere?  What's the address?
www.Nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800

spruce

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2016, 05:09:27 PM »
Hi Lisa

The letter says BD Publications Ltd Wenlock Rd London N1 7GU.

It shows my full details, name DOB address and previous address, my bankruptcy reference etc, that the court order has been transferred to their system and is currently being published to their register and their portals and that I have the option to voluntarily elect to remove the details  but that if I want to I need to log in and an admin fee is applicable which when you look is £49.95 and that the published portals are their platforms local papers facebook linkedin supplier databases local banks credit agencies and social network portals.

signed by a Paul Petticrew I think it is.

:(

Lisa Thomas

« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2016, 09:31:53 AM »
Hi Spruce

This is not something I have come across before but from another forum (IVA co uk) understand they are in breach of certain regulations in what they are doing.

I cannot post link on here to the site but feel free to [** sorry, no personal contact invitations allowed **] and I can send it to you so you have some guidance as to what you can do.

or look for the post entitled message for Michael peoples (unless this was your own posting)
www.Nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800