Author Topic: court debt  (Read 32331 times)

emmy2016

court debt
« on: Feb 06, 2016, 04:18:40 PM »
hope someone can help about 5 years ago i had a credit card with capital one.at the time i was employed on a full time basis,however when i became disabled i had to cut my hours,i contacted cap one explained the situation but heard nothing more,i phoned a gain about a year later to be told my debt had been sold and i would be hearing shortly about this,nothing happened,i am now a pensioner on pension credit recieved a letter from Mortimer Clarke solict6ors last month reguarding this,i wrote back admitting the debt and offered 10 pound per month,have recieved a reply from the county court bisnuess centre saying they want a hundred pound per month,no way can i afford this i only recieve 600 per month with my pension and pension credit,i sent a letter with my outgoings to the solictor with the addmitance to the debt form,i am lucky to have 20/30 pound left the end of the month,i am writing to see if 20 per month is acceptable i cannot afford any more if this is not acceptable what happens next?i am disabled and this is a big worry to me,please advise

emmy2016

Re: court debt
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2016, 04:29:44 PM »
also can someone show me a template letter to send to the court thanks

exlowellslave

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:40:45 PM »
They have to except what you can afford debt collection is no longer like it was back in the day, you pay them exactly what you can afford, you dont need a template letter just call them and set up a payment plan, dont set via direct debit , ask for a pay card....
ALSO ASK WHEN THE CREDIT CARD ACTUALLY DEFAULTED AS IF IT WAS 6 YEARS AGO IT IS UNCOLLECTABLE AND WONT BE ON YOUR CREDIT FILE

janetria

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2016, 08:08:32 PM »
Hi there, have read about your problem. I would recommend a charity that I have used before, they where brilliant and helped me out a lot with my finances. I had quite a few debts at the time and heard about them through a friend of mine. I spoke to one of their case workers and because I was considered vulnerable the charity paid towards my debt for 3 months. I would recommend that you get in contact with them as they might be able to help you out. Their website is: Cathyhenrydebtrelief.co.uk
Hope they can help. 

Lisa Thomas

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 12:43:43 PM »
How much is the debt? 

If it's less than £5k they can't Bankrupt you for it.

They can however sent in bailiffs to try and recover goods to the value of the debt.

[size=100%]As you haven't been able to reach a settlement direct you could consider using a [/size]charity[size=100%] to help you with a Debt Management plan instead.  try Step Change.[/size]
www.Nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800