Author Topic: Need a debt solution that does not endanger property  (Read 20518 times)

digbyg

Need a debt solution that does not endanger property
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:48:13 PM »
My partner and I live in South America. We have debts in the UK we are really struggling with. We own a house each in UK, both are rented out. My partners rental income only just covers his mortgage. My rental income covers my mortgage and the rest of the income money covers two personal loans (£15k each) in my partners name, his credit card (£6300), my credit card (£2000) and a couple of overdrafts (£1100 total). It leaves us nothing to live on and my tenants leave my house in a few weeks, therefore we have nothing to pay my mortgage, the loans, credit card and overdrafts.

Is there  any help that we can receive (debt consolidation etc.) seeing as we are overseas? The main thing is that we do not want to endanger either of our properties which I believe something like bankruptcy would do.

Any help or direction you could offer me would be really helpful,  we are very worried right now and can't see a way forward.

[email protected]

Re: Need a debt solution that does not endanger property
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »
Have you thought about looking at iva or dm plan .