Author Topic: 3 year IPA system not very fair  (Read 22492 times)

JTR

3 year IPA system not very fair
« on: Jul 21, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »
I have just declared myself bankrupt and am subject to a 3 year IPA of £36 per month. Whilst I dont have an issue with this what I find totally unfair is that someone who is not subject to this is discharged after 1 year and then can get payrises, bonuses and not declare a thing. Whilst I have to declare everything extra I earn for 3 years. Why? surely ALL of us should be subject to declaring our payrises/bonuses for the 3 years following bankruptcy. Now that would be fair. They should apply the same rules to everyone. Discharge after one year and everyone subject to declare any monetary increases for 3 years. I feel rather discriminated against as I am sure do all of those that have an IPA and then watch people after only 12 months celebrating new found freedom.  Just wondering if anyone has raised this with their OR and what the response is. I am too nervous to say anything as obviously don't want to upset her but really think the system is ridiculously unfair that some have to suffer for 3 years and others just one.  :-[

JustAsk

Re: 3 year IPA system not very fair
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2016, 10:42:26 PM »
You will be discharged from bankruptcy after one year too, it is exactly the same.

How much was the bankruptcy debts?

Lisa Thomas

Re: 3 year IPA system not very fair
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2016, 11:21:24 AM »
It's not exactly the same as the poster is subject to further scrutiny of her surplus income for contribution purposes for two more years whereas debtors who did not have a surplus income available in the first year are not reviewed after discharge.
www.Nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800