Author Topic: credit card debt  (Read 16092 times)

mick1234

credit card debt
« on: Mar 28, 2014, 01:14:15 PM »
A few years ago I lost my job after becoming ill and am now disabled and wont work again and am now on benefits.I went to get help from the citizens advice about credit card debt and they helped me set up a payment plan which i have paid without default. Now i keep getting letters from two of them sending me long tedious forms to fill out so i can list all my expenses but ive just been replying with a letter saying my circumstances have not changed.Now they have sent a form again ,do i have to fill these in ?[/font][/size]

Sunganani

Re: credit card debt
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 08:48:03 AM »
Besides responding in writing, have you spoken to them? Perhaps you should seek legal help.

Michael1

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2014, 09:10:20 PM »
I think that in your situation, you are best off seeking legal advice before anything else. You have said you have not defaulted on these, you are certain that there is nothing that you are behind – that you have been current? In that situation, it would be best to have someone confront them for you.

thfr

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »
It is true that in most cases a credit card company will need to see your financial ins and outs before they can put you on a management plan, however form filling can be a long process and intimidating. I would always advise taking professional advice.

As Michael rightly says, it takes a great deal of pressure from you having someone looking after your financial affairs and speaking to the credit card companies for you. Also a professional may have more sway in setting up a mutually beneficial payment plan.

Don't delay though. Debt problems can escalate quickly and it's easy to keep putting these things off.