Author Topic: Is this even legal?  (Read 2238 times)

Mr Maximus

Is this even legal?
« on: Sep 07, 2008, 05:22:21 PM »
Hello All

Got a call from my bank about an 2 hours ago. Obviously a call centre type chappy but none the less he said that he wanted to check on my progress of debt, how I got into it and blah blah blah. Strangely enough he then went into how I fall into a 2% bracket of people at said bank who are eligible to have the amount that I owe cut down. So I asked for him to explain what was on offer. Now he said that he could take the current cost of my loan with them of around £12k and let me make a one of payment to clear the debt of £5,500!!! So I said to him that if I am in such a state with my finances how am I going to get £5,500 to pay off the bank.......... erm take a loan out he said! I almost fell about laughing. I am sure what he has just done is against FSA rulings and numerous other legislation that governs lenders however I shall let him off. He did say that the offer was only for 28 days only but I must commit to the figure but after saying no for the forth time I think he got the message.