Author Topic: PAYE salary paid by bankprupt  (Read 4874 times)

employee67

PAYE salary paid by bankprupt
« on: Nov 26, 2012, 11:58:53 AM »
Hopefully someone can help. Back in 2006/07 I was working as a PAYE employee for a company. Unbeknown to myself the man running the company was a bankrupt. I now have a court order stating that I have to return the funds, albeit salary to the trustee of the bankruptcy.

Surely this cannot be correct? How can a court demand money from me from a legal salary. I had no way of knowing that the man running the company was a bankprupt. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

pickledpepper

Re: PAYE salary paid by bankprupt
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2013, 01:30:54 AM »
I just came across this post having sent one a moment ago to James.

I am surprised nobody has replied to this.
If you would allow me to answer it albeit 120 days later.
I would tell the trustee claimant to go take a running jump
but whatever you do or say, do not give him/her a penny.
As you rightly say, how were you to know the status of your boss ?

James Falla

« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2013, 04:47:39 PM »
Hi employee67

Apologies for not replying to your post. I do not always get a chance to look at this forum. I post on a few :)

This is an extremely strange situation. If your were working as an employee for what you thought was a legitimate company and you were paid a salary based on the terms of an employee contact then there is simply no way that your ex boss' trustee can demand that you repay them any money what so ever.  The only way the trustee can demand money from you is if for some reason they feel that the money you were paid was in some way a preferential payment. Did your boss owe you money in some way that was not salary?
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

russelanthony

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2013, 09:45:59 AM »
Yes, buddy, you dont have to give a single penny to your ex boss. its all looks fraud tome. how can anybody ask to pay back for your legal sallary.