Author Topic: ipo/ipa what happens next?  (Read 1275 times)

makeawish

ipo/ipa what happens next?
« on: Jul 03, 2012, 08:42:13 PM »
hi,went br in aug 2011,duly paid my taxes to the or untill april this year.i filled in another i&e form prior to this but since then i have heard nothing from no one,no letters,no calls.nothing..........what exactly happens now does anyone have any ideas?
simon

James Falla

Re: ipo/ipa what happens next?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2012, 09:35:28 AM »
Hi Simon
Generally speaking your bankruptcy will last 12 months. After that you will be discharged. Why did you stop paying your tax to the OR? Did you lose your job? The best way to find out exactly where you stand and what the current situation is is to give your OR a call and ask them. They are normally very helpful. You should ask whether everything is on track for your discharge this month.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

simon

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2012, 06:56:55 PM »
hi james and thanks for replying. i was informed from the start by the or,s office i had to pay my taxes up to the new financial year including april.but  inthe beginning of march i was sent a new tax code from hmrc saying its to replace the nt code? just puzzling why i have heard nothing at all?
simon

James Falla

« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2012, 12:10:17 PM »
Hi Simon,
This is a standard procedure from HMRC and your Official receiver would have been expecting it. When your standard tax code was re-applied in April you would have started having tax deducted from your wages again. as such the amount you were paying to the OR each month would simply have reduced by this amount. You did the right thing by informing the OR. However I am also surprised that you had no response from them having done this. As I mentioned before if I were you I would give your OR a call to make sure everything has happened that is suppoesed to happen and to confirm that you will be discharged this month.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com