Author Topic: Car Repossession  (Read 2338 times)

dudedavis

Car Repossession
« on: Aug 16, 2007, 10:35:40 PM »
Fell behind with car repayments (3months in total) Gentleman called tonight and repossesed car. This was done without my consent as the man would not leave without the car.

As stated in my agreement

"If you do not keep to your side of this agreement but you have paid at least one third of the total amount payable this agreement, that is £3444.24 we may not take back the goods against your wishes unless we get a court order. If we do take the goods without your consent or a court order, you have the right to get back any money you have paid under this agreement.

I was given no receipt the vehicle was taken as the Gentleman would not leave without the car

cuteadder

Re: Car Repossession
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 04:33:47 PM »
Excellent, keep the paperwork and get legal advise...

looks like your getting some money back...

Mr Maximus

Re: Car Repossession
« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »
Hello dudedavis

Was the car under a Hire Purchase arrangement or a lease agreement. I used to work for a leasing company and even though the car has been repossed I don't think they should have just taken it without giving a receipt. What is to say that the car has gone and the creditor/leasing company were not the ones who authorised its collection?

Sorry to sound like I am trying to make things worse but this sounds dodgy to me.

Mr Maximus