Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Dealing with Debt / Being chased for a surprise utility bill
« Last post by am86 on Jan 07, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »
Hi all,

I was hoping someone here might be able to offer some advice over a bill dispute with Spark Energy.

In the summer of 2016 my landlord put their flat that I was living in up for sale. They found a buyer and started proceedings to sell the property and I was handed my notice. The sale fell through and I was happy to stay until a new buyer was found.

I've since left the property and was amazed today to receive a call from Spark Energy chasing 1 year's worth of electricity bills for the old flat. They've advised that when the property was put up for sale originally the letting agent moved my electricity to Spark, I was previously with First Utility who were also substantially cheaper. Up until now I was of the belief that my direct debits had gone out as normal and all utilities had been paid.

I've spoken with the agent and they've said that they had to switch the electricity so they were aware who the utilities were with in the interim while the flat was empty, as stated in the housing act, but again the sale fell through so I shuldn't have been moved to a different supplier whilst in situ.

I've explained that I was incorrectly moved to Spark and didn't wish for this to happen and as a "goodwill gesture" they've deducted the "late payment fees" on the balance, reducing it to £500. First Utility would have cost £360 for the year.

I'm a little stuck and not sure what my rights are with regard to clearing the amount - do I pay the £500, do I offer £360 as that's what I would have paid with First Utility, do I refuse to pay it at all?

All and any advise would be greatly appreciated.


Bankruptcy / Re: Bankruptcy - reducing beneficial interest of home
« Last post by viditagarwal on Jan 02, 2018, 01:20:48 PM »
If you have a debt problem, one of your options for sorting it out might be bankruptcy. You can apply for bankruptcy if you can't pay back your debts. As well as applying for bankruptcy yourself, someone else you owe money to (a creditor) can apply to make you bankrupt, even if you don't want them to.

Source: DNS Accountants
Dealing with Debt / Re: arrows and restons
« Last post by Lisa Thomas on Dec 04, 2017, 09:34:24 AM »
Check your credit records to prove when the debt was marked as satisfied and use this as evidence if you cannot get copy bank statement form your Bank.

Dealing with Debt / arrows and restons
« Last post by thecatlady on Dec 03, 2017, 04:17:01 PM »
hi all im new   can you help

i paid off my halifax debt over 6 years ago   ive moved house twice since then      i now live with parents    just got a letter thurs  on my redirection  from arrow/restons solicitors threatening legal action over unpaid 15k halifax bill     my bill was never that high and i paid it years ago     i dont have proof

i checked my credit file nothing on it all clear  no ccjs either
i was given until 30th nov to send them my payslips etc   im innocent  so ignored it.  plus they dont know my ne address or phone number/email
advice please 
Dealing with Debt / Computer Paper Topics
« Last post by MathJab on Dec 02, 2017, 04:50:00 PM »
                  Demand a look for the Person Dead Workers File (IDPF) when the knight died through the battle. The files while in the file range by gift but can include a description of death, international gravesite, system and sequential number, household correspondence for the authorities, disinterment directives and reburial directives.  Search on the internet for device records. These websites might feature system rosters, fight heritage, outdated and present pictures of troopers and additional service data.  Some models haven't released information online, but publications happen to be written about them. Such material may offer an idea of what your general's wartime experience may have been like.  They certainly were completed by each firm inside the Military. You need to know the brand of the knight's organization and also the times of his service.  Tips & Warnings  Should you strikeout with one-source, try another.
<a href=>solve geometry problems</a>
<a href=>solving math problems</a>
<a href=>college calculus help</a>
Dealing with Debt / Re: Lowell County Court
« Last post by Lisa Thomas on Nov 28, 2017, 11:43:59 AM »
You need some legal advice.  You could try reposting on the UK Business Forum legal section as I'm not sure any solicitors respond to posts on this forum, sorry.

ultimately if you don't correspond it won't go away and they could get a CCJ against you and start recovery proceedings.  You will no doubt need to prove the debt was disputed at the time and reach a resolution.

Alternatively you could chalk it up to a bad experience and pay it but get some legal advice first.
Bankruptcy / Re: Bankruptcy - reducing beneficial interest of home
« Last post by Lisa Thomas on Nov 28, 2017, 11:41:55 AM »
Hi I believe I have answered this on another forum but the non- bankrupt owner will need to reach an agreement with the Trustee to buy out the bankrupt's interest in the property.

If there is sufficient equity and they, or third parties are unable to do this then the property is at risk of being repossessed and sold by the Trustee.

The non-bankrupt owner will receive their share of the net proceeds.
Dealing with Debt / Lowell County Court
« Last post by jbb006 on Nov 26, 2017, 11:03:43 AM »
Hi Guys,

Very new to this, so any help is very much appreciated. 

I have received a Claim Form for Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD from Northampton county court business centre, for an alleged outstanding BT broadband debt of £290.00 from 5 years ago.

There was a a dispute with BT regarding broadband, not providing the service and speeds offered.

I am not sure the best way to respond to this.  I have further information, but not sure what is relevant/needed.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Bankruptcy / Bankruptcy - reducing beneficial interest of home
« Last post by MrsMEC on Nov 18, 2017, 12:08:12 PM »


With a bankruptcy hearing imminent, I’d like to put the following case study for advice please:

A sole trader is to be made bankrupt and jointly owns a home on a 75/25% Tenants in Common share with their partner, their 25% share being the beneficial interest relevant to the bankruptcy which is at risk.

Their partner runs a limited company from the home (an office and outside store), with no rent etc charged.

If the bankruptcy is filed, is there anything that can be done by the partner using their limited company to reduce the 25% beneficial interest at risk?

Many thanks in advance.


But yes we paid before the hearing and attended the hearing.
I wasn't sure if they could get a 'marker' / restriction before this.
so i assume they would not have been able to do this.

i was not made bankrupt or issued with a ccj.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10